Volvo Group Jobs – Volvo Group Schedule to hire Senior System Design Engineer in Bengaluru for At least 6 to 9 years of experience preferably in the automotive domain. Ph.D. / Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in electrical, electronics, software, computer engineering can apply for this position. We are looking for Senior System Design Engineer with Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
|Company Name||Volvo Group|
|Job Role||Senior System Design Engineer|
|Job Location||Bangalore / Bengaluru|
|Qualification||Ph.D. / Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in electrical, electronics, software, computer engineering|
|Experience||6 – 9 Years|
Volvo Group Jobs Description
- Lead, drive and execute design and development of electrical and electronic functions within engine and gearbox system.
- Have operational responsibility for a component, system, and sub-module delivery
- Part of a self-organized scrum team
- Involved in developing the framework for power management specifications. Investigating system level or truck level issues and providing the right solutions.
- Steer exploration of alternatives to establish a system-level power management concept together with the team.
- Defining and documenting Fault code specification
- Interacting with the Component Owner (CO) and Function Owner (FO)
- Understanding the EUF’s impact and have an agreement on the time-plan for specifications activity
- Understanding the ECU state flow machine and the behavior of the system in different vehicle modes
- Reviewing the signal definition
- Documenting of Logical design & related signals and requirements in the system engineering tool
- Documenting of Application Network requirements in the system engineering tool
- Doing System FMEA for different vehicle modes.
- Front-load work to ensure robust early-stage releases and stable late-stage releases.
- Ensure new designs fulfill business targets, requirements, and Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Feature targets
- Manage, mentor, and guide the team deliveries as a part of engineering leadership.
- Contributes to innovations or technologies that are regarded as important advances in the field.
- Set examples of Product ownership, engineering leadership & encourage engineers for the same.
- Taking Initiatives at Commodity/Dept./Site level for Continuous Improvements
- Look for More Efficient Ways of workings on regular basis. Emphasize the Business Value.
- Delegation in the team incl. Resp. & empowering the team.
- Assist Group Manager Resource & workload planning, recruitment, and budget securement.
- To lead and drive innovation
- Guide and mentor team members, Support New employees in assignments.
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Multicultural mindset and global approach
- Ability to work with different cultures on a wide range of vehicle products
- Management of global suppliers
- Ph.D. / Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in electrical, electronics, software, computer engineering (or similar)
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING
- 6 to 9 years of experience preferably in the automotive domain.
- Good understanding of automotive electrical systems and architecture
- Knowledge of managing Electrical energy in the vehicle and electrical components.
- Knowledge on block schematic or similar topology, which shows, overall power distribution and Grounding topology on vehicle level
- Hand-on knowledge knowledge of CAN, LIN, DOIP, J1939, J1587, UDS protocols
- Working knowledge in Application software diagnostics.
- Proficiency in 16/32 Microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR and Vector toolchain Ex: GENy, Candela Studio, Davinci Configurator Pro.
- Working with Agile teams and familiarity with toolchains like Jenkins, Clearcase, GIT, JIRA, is merit.
- Knowledge of product development cycle (DVP).
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAFe Agile Way of Working and mindset is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO standard 26262, Functional Safety for development of Safety Functions is also a plus
- Knowledge on power management related components such as Battery Power Management systems, Alternators, Battery sensors, Starters, Ultra Capacitors, etc.
- Hands-on experience in Function development in the field of System Engineering on automotive domain Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.