FIS Global Jobs – FIS Global Schedule to hire Database Administrator for Freshers in Pune. Any Bachelor’s Graduate Can apply for this position. We are looking for Database Administrator with Provides status reports (written and/or verbal) that are detailed to tasks and difficulties encountered – enables managers to initiate escalation if necessary and assess areas where changes or additional support may be warranted.
|Company Name||FIS Global|
|Job Role||Database Administrator|
|Qualification||Any Bachelor’s Graduate|
FIS Global Jobs Description
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meets commitments and provides excellent customer service at all times with internal and external clients.
- Provides status reports (written and/or verbal) that are detailed to tasks and difficulties encountered – enables managers to initiate escalation if necessary and assess areas where changes or additional support may be warranted.
- Ensures issues resulting in customer outage is escalated appropriately through TSG management.
- Assists application groups with design development that meet current and future business requirements:
- Participates in logical design process of strategic projects and responsible for the physical design/implementation.
- Provides specific direction on infrastructure design to support applications.
- Participates as a member of development support team on projects.
- Follows and meets project timelines and deadlines.
- Provides maintenance of physical database:
- Creates physical database objectives following established standards and processes employed by database team.
- Enforces database standards and follows up on inconsistencies.
- Performs routine reviews of databases and systems to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
- Reports problem performance areas and recommendations for improvement.
- Follows up on recommendations and actively pushes for implementation as appropriate.
- Understands and applies database concepts such as database definitions, parameters, database component placement, reorganization, access methods and security definitions.
- Works with capacity planning, operations, application developers and other TSG teams on database performance and access issues.
- Provides 24/7 support of production database environments.
- As primary administrator, provides on call support as needed for on-call issues with database environments and provides follow up and permanent resolution for reoccurring issues.
- Implements backup/recovery procedures to protect integrity of data in database environment.
- Actively manages backups along with other database administrators to ensure processes are successful and we can recover as a result.
- If necessary, participates in recovery of databases and assists with disaster recovery testing and documentation.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
FIS Global Jobs Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in project management methodologies is desired including ability to estimate, plan, manage and communicate activities/deliverables of a mid-size project plan, i.e., a plan that affects a single system or product family and uses multiple resources
- Working knowledge of at least one database management system or a proven ability to learn new technologies and use that knowledge effectively
- Effective communication and team skills with an ability to cooperate, present to and participate with peers/team members
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and systems administration concepts
- Personal commitment to stay current with latest technology concepts
- Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Identifies and resolves less clearly defined problems using established procedures and/or protocols as guidelines.
Career level professional role requiring moderate skills with a high level of proficiency. Demonstrated competency of the Database Administrator I role is required. Works independently with only administrative supervision, displaying independent judgment with the ability to overcome moderate obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Consults senior peers on projects with the goal of continually building knowledge/experience while minimizing any risk to projects. Provides communication on issues or complex information to a wider audience after consultation with management or senior peers. Contributes to the development, documentation and implementation of database standards or guidelines.
How to Apply: