Discovery Job Openings – Discovery Schedule to hire Software Development Engineer Tester in Bengaluru. Any Graduate / Any Post Graduate Can Apply for this position. We are looking for Software Development Engineer Tester with Able to organize test case inventories that minimize the number of test cases while maximizing the amount of test coverage.
|Company Name||Discovery Communications|
|Job Role||Software Development Engineer Tester|
|Job Location||Bangalore / Bengaluru|
|Qualification||Any Graduate / Any Post Graduate|
Discovery Job Openings Description
Roles & Responsibilities
- Scope and Complexity: You are able to create and execute test cases to validate user stories and regression testing working solo or with other engineers together. You are engaged with your team’s automated testing systems by analyzing test results and identifying areas for increased automated coverage. You execute and build automated tests using the existing tests built by more experienced test automation engineers.
- Decision Making: You are responsible for making decisions about test coverage for new features and for determining when to sign off on a feature or release based on your team’s best practices. You consider the team’s automation capabilities in your analysis. You understand the differences between unit, integration, and user journey tests.
- Execution: You have demonstrated the ability to utilize BlackBox test methodology to execute test cases, document bugs. You engage with available tools (e.g. network monitoring tools, debug logs, performance dashboards, etc) for validating acceptance criteria and to provide more information to SDEs for debugging and troubleshooting purposes. You contribute to automated testing efforts.
- Operations You provide documentation of new features and requirements from a testing perspective. You take ownership of regression testing and release testing coordination.
- Influence You influence your team’s processes and testing methodologies through discussions with peers and your management. You are persuasive in influencing your peers in prioritization decisions by documenting the impact and severity of bugs and performance issues.
- Communication You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your clear writeups of defects, your ability to work with developers and product managers to understand requirements, and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams.
What to Bring
- Knowledge of various test activities across release pipelines to promote artifacts from dev to prod, including unit testing, regression testing, cert testing, client testing, etc.
- Experience driving test design and implementation
- Understanding of test cases, test data, test runs, and test results management that provides feedback and visibility to qualify & quantify test coverage.
- Ability to scout emerging industry trends such as AI testing and other best-in-class processes.
- Understanding of multiple test types including unit, functional, integration, end to end, security, performance, load, and UI tests.
- Experience testing across different device types and operating systems such as Windows, OSX, iOS, tvOS, Android, Roku, FireTV, Xbox, Playstation, Tizen, and WebOS.
- Ability to collaborate with technology resources on projects given a solid understanding of current technologies and trends.
- Reviews automated test run results and verifies results
- Triages test failures and determine if the failed test is the result of a bug or an issue with the test script or test data
- Able to organize test case inventories that minimize the number of test cases while maximizing the amount of test coverage.
- Writes high quality automated test cases using existing frameworks
What We Offer
- A Great Place to work
- Equal opportunity employer
- Fast track growth opportunities
Discovery is governed by our eight guiding principles:
We Are… One Team, Creative Dreamers, Doers. Consumer Obsessed. Global, Quick & Agile, Purposeful and We Do the Right Thing
Discovery’s Guiding Principles define the distinctive character, spirit, and attitude of our organization. They inspire how we design our future and recruit talent.